工作场所 violence means any act of violence or threat of violence that occurs at the work site. This includes any threat or use of physical force against an employee and any incident involving a firearm or other dangerous weapon (including when common objects are used as weapons), 无论是否受伤.
健康 care workers experience workplace violence at high rates.
- 2017年，注册护士和其他卫生保健 私营部门的工人经历的是非致命的 与暴力有关的伤害发生率是三倍 高于全体工人的平均水平.
- 2014年，52%的工作场所报告 发生了针对工人的暴力事件 卫生保健和社会援助行业.
- 健康 care workers in inpatient 设施 are 5 to 12 更有可能经历非致命的工作场所 暴力比工人的平均水平要高. 美国劳工统计局.S. 劳工部.
内华达州立法机构将指导内华达州 职业安全与健康管理局 (内华达州职业安全与卫生管理局)建立和执行 职业安全卫生标准. 所有卫生 护理雇主将被要求发展和 实施全面的工作场所暴力 预防计划.
Employers would be required to develop a workplace violence prevention plan that emphasizes prevention and 涉及到 你们工厂的所有员工，包括护士, 盟军的健康, and other ancillary staff — in the creation of the plan. To effectively prevent and reduce the frequency and severity of violent incidents in health care settings, a comprehensive workplace violence prevention standard must:
- Broadly define workplace violence to include threats and the use of physical force, 不管是否受伤
- Require employers to develop unit-specific and facility-specific assessments and prevention methods rather than one-size-fits-all
- Actively involve employees in developing, implementing and reviewing the
- Provide adequate training for all employees that emphasizes preventive measures, 比如如何识别潜在的暴力, how to coun- teract factors that lead to escalation of violence, how to seek assistance to prevent or respond to violence, 以及避免肢体接触的策略
- Ensure that employers have procedures to identify hazards, including assessments on the sufficiency of staffing and training, 环境危险因素, 针对病人的危险因素, 安全系统的充分性, 工作设计和 设施.
- 纠正工作场所暴力危害, including implementation of engineering and work practice controls, 比如配备足够的人员, 消除视线和沟通障碍, 并安装有效报警装置
- Require that employers establish policies that allow employees to report workplace violence incidents and concerns without fear of reprisals; establish systems for communicating among coworkers, 转变, 紧急服务, and law enforcement about risks of violence and violent
- Require that employers respond to and investigate incidents of workplace violence, including providing individual trauma counseling to all employees affected by the
- Requires employers to maintain violence incident logs and to report certain types of incidents, both of which are critical to the effectiveness of annual evaluations of workplace violence 预防计划 and hazard